Kalonji Oil: A Miracle Cure for Overall Health
Kalonji Ka Tel: All you need to knowCommon Indian spices like cumin and mustard seeds occupy a special place in every Indian kitchen. They are also frequent add-ons to various preparations such as curries and stir-fried vegetables. While these seeds add a plethora of flavour to the dishes they are used in, they are also bestowed with several health benefits.
Another widely used Indian spice that is slowly gaining foothold in the market is Kalonji. Though it’s been around for years, it’s slowly being recognised for its numerous health benefits.
Commonly referred to as Nigella Seeds, Kalonji is known to keep the heart healthy, address breathing problems, lubricate joints and prevent the formation of cancer.
While the seed itself has multiple therapeutic applications, kalonji oil or black seed oil is regarded as a ‘miracle cure’ and ‘the elixir of life’.
Though these dainty, sharp-cornered black seeds are pungent and bitter in taste and smell, their benefits are plenty.
If you are still unaware of the benefits of pure kalonji oil on overall health, let’s take you through an infinite number of benefits that it addresses. The secret of the oil lies in its usage. To obtain desired results, it needs to be used in a certain way.
7 Powerful Health Benefits of Kalonji Oil
- Kalonji Oil for Hair Growth: Since kalonji oil has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutrients which strengthen hair, it can help treat hair loss and promote hair growth. It also has the power to prevent premature greying. Applying the oil on the scalp and keeping it for 30 minutes, 2-3 times a week can do the trick. It’s time to ditch harsh chemicals and use kalonji ka tel that is rich in nutrients such as magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium and vitamin A, B and C.
- Aids Weight Loss: Many studies are being conducted to identify the benefits of kalonji for weight loss. While it can produce a moderate reduction in body weight, it also reduces BMI values and waist circumference. It is also known to prevent heart disease, diabetes and cancer – which are ailments associated with obesity. Consuming it with two spoons of honey and luke warm water every day can bring significant improvements in weight levels.
- Promotes Supple Skin: Topical application of kalonji oil for skin can aid in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Studies reveal that the oil may be beneficial for people with skin conditions such as eczema, acne and psoriasis. Besides that, it also hydrates and softens the skin since it has moisturising properties. When a mixture of kalonji tel and olive oil are mixed in equal parts and consumed before breakfast, it slowly but steadily promotes glowing skin.
- Treats Dental Problems: Cold pressed kalonji oil is very effective to treat dental problems and diseases. Gargling black seed oil with water can instantly solve teeth problems. It can also be rubbed at the affected part to get relief from teeth soreness and pain.
- Liver Detox: Did you know? Nigella seeds are a powerhouse of antioxidants. Pure kalonji oil can fight oxidative stress that may harm the liver. While it may improve liver and kidney disease complications, it can also improve organ structures. The antioxidant properties of thymoquinone can also protect it from parasitic injury. To maintain kidney health, combine half teaspoon of kalonji oil with warm water and honey and consume this mixture twice a day. You’ll find a significant improvement in your overall health.
- Cures Headaches and Joint Pain: In every Indian household, kalonji kal tel is said to be an age-old remedy for headaches and various kinds of pain. Rubbing one drop of kalonji massage oil on your head can provide instant relief. It is also suggested that regular usage of kalonji oil can prevent migraine. When combined with mustard oil and rubbed on the knees and other joints, it can reduce swelling and frequent pain.
- Supports Asthma Control: Kalonji oil works wonders for those suffering from asthma. A regular intake of the oil or supplements can improve the symptoms and prevent the sudden onset of asthma attacks. It reduces inflammation in the airways and also helps with bronchitis symptoms.
When choosing kalonji oil, make sure to purchase a product that is in its most natural state, something that is organic and cold-pressed.