Hummus with Roasted Sesame Oil
1/4th cup of Tahini
1/4th cup Lemon Juice
2 tablespoon Virgin Sesame oil
1 and 1/2 teaspoon of Roasted Sesame oil
4 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (mix of black and white sesame seeds)
1 Clove Garlic
1 and 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas( rinsed and drained)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. In a food processor or Mixer grinder combine all the Ingredients like tahini, lemon juice, garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon roasted sesame oil, sea salt, and the virgin sesame oil and grind it for 1 and 1/2 minutes, pausing in between by scraping down the sides and bottom as necessary and bring into the creamy texture.
2. Add half of the chickpeas in the grinder and grind it by scraping the sides.
3. Add the remaining half and grind it completely for 1 to 2 minutes till it becomes thick in consistency.
4. A tip to follow, you can add 2 to 4 tablespoons of water in between the grinding process for the smooth texture of hummus.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon of roasted oil and little salt while grinding
6. Roast the two types of seeds(white and black sesame seeds) and saute in a pan in a medium flame till it becomes little aromatic and golden in color.
5. Pour the ground mixture in a bowl, add the remaining roasted oil over it for enhanced flavour and garnish it with sesame seeds.
6. Serve with your favourite accompaniment and the leftover hummus can be kept refrigerated for 3-5 days