· 2 cups cooked rice
· 1 tsp BNB Refined Sesame Oil
· ½ tsp mustard seeds
· 8 fresh curry leaves, fresh or frozen, chopped
· 3 tbsp toasted cashew nuts
· ¾ tsp Turmeric Powder
· ⅓ tsp red pepper flakes
· 2 tbsp lemon juice
· Coriander for garnish
1. Cook the rice or other grain and keep aside until it reaches to room temp.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let them start to pop.
3. Add curry leaves and wait for a few seconds. Add turmeric and red pepper flakes and mix in. Reduce heat to medium-low. At this point, you can add cashew nuts.
4. Add a splash of water to reduce the temperature of the pan, then add the lemon juice.
5. Add in the rice and mix it in well. Add salt if you want it and cook for 2 mins. Taste and adjust salt or lemon.
6. Cover and take off the heat. Let it sit for 2 mins before serving.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves