4. Ground almond
7. BNB black sesame seeds.
Method:1. Mix together all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, ground almond, and ground BNB black sesame seeds.
2. Add chilled butter cubes, use a pastry blender (or 2 butter knives) and mix until the dough is crumbly.
3. Add whole BNB black sesame seeds and egg yolk, mix and form into dough.
4. Cut into two portions, shape each portion into a log (or a block) of 6 inch long. Wrap each log/block with saran plastic, and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Cut each log of cookie dough into 24 pieces (each piece is 1/4 inch thick). If you bake the whole recipe at once, you get 48 cookies in total. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the edges are brown..
8. Cool the cookies in the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Gently remove the cookies and cool on wire rack. Once the cookies are completely cool, store in airtight containers.